I was just reading the latest post over at Adventures in Babywearing and it was about all of the songs that remind Stephanie of summer. Naturally I started thinking of all my summer time favs. so sorry if I'm totally copying but I felt the need to share my summer time favs. too!
- Music= Sublime, O.A.R., Bob Marley, just about any kind of reggae
- Food= clams, steamers, lobster (can you tell I grew up near the beach?), Italian water ice, Kohr's Orange and Vanilla swirl ice cream, corn on the cob, fresh grown tomatoes. The list could go on. I guess I should eat breakfast!
- Smells= salty air form the ocean being blown inland, Coppertone, the funky probably carcinogenic smell of the planks on the boardwalk, sausage, peppers and onion being cooked on the boardwalk
- Good books
- Watching the bennies cruise the beach trying to look like they fit in with their giant coolers, flops w/ socks and sunburns (think John Candy Summer Rental)
- Life guards hooking up with badge checkers (oops did I just give away TMI about my high school days?)
- Crazy thunder storms that seem to blow in from nowhere
- Kayak races in the lagoon
- Taking the boat out to catch some local fluke
- Bike Rides
- Mini Golf
I'm sure there are so many more but I'm at a loss for now. So now that summer has officially begun HAPPY SUMMER!