Monday, June 9, 2008

One Step Closer to the Wedding!

We made it through the baby shower! Yesterday was the bridal shower for a friend of mine and thankfully it went off without a hitch! According to the thermometer in my car temperatures were reaching into the 100 degree area yesterday so I was very nervous when we arrived at the restaurant and I saw a brunch line and tables set up on the wrap around porch. Thankfully this was not for our party! We had the shower at the Grenville in Bay Head, New Jersey and they did a wonderful job! It is a gorgeous Victorian hotel/restaurant one block from the beach, everything was decorated beautifully and the food was delicious (even the regular brunch line includes a chocolate fountain!). If you ever find yourself in the area you might want to check it out! Anyway the bride was super surprised. She thought she was attending a baby shower with me. Even after she saw me with camera in hand it took about 30 seconds to register what was going on! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Of course when you have a group of women there is always one with lots of opinions but not willing to offer any help. I'm usually the quiet one who backs down but after all the hard work that was put into this shower that was not about to happen! I'm happy to say we still ran things the way we wanted and the angrier she got the tighter the stupid bun on the top of her head got! If it got any tighter I think her eyes may have popped out of her head! Sorry about the tangent I was just in no mood. All in all it was a great time! Madison and I. You can tell by my shiny nose and huge hair that it was hot even in the restaurant but nowhere near as bad as outside!
The wedding party
Me, Madison, Joni (groom's sister), Brenna (bride but you could probably tell that by the cool hat I made, Marisa (groom's niece) and Meyling (bride's friend and matron of honor)


4 comments:

Dana said...

glad you had a good time - but I'm really glad you're one step closer to the wedding.... They are so much work - i'm relaxed once they are over...

Danielle said...

Your hair look like when Monica on Friends goes to an island for Ross's paleontology convention! Sorry- I am mean. I am sure you are glad that is over with. Now you just have to get threough the wedding. I am still of the opiion that everyone should doa destination wedding. I just saw a Moon Palace commercial.

Amy said...

love your dress! and yes, there's always ONE who doesn't like how things are done- my ONE was my MIL. she sat in the back corner during my shower with her sunglasses on..

Andrea said...

I'm glad the shower went well!! :) And hopefully it's not THAT hot on the wedding day!