Friday, June 6, 2008

Help Needed for Clothing Issues!

Good morning! I guess I should start out with yes I'm fine and no I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. This week has just been crazy! It was my last week of teaching although I still have a week of paperwork ahead of me (Yay!!!!! just kidding). This Sunday also happens to be a really good friend of mine's baby shower. Unfortunately I can't make it because I scheduled the bridal shower for the dreaded wedding on the same day. Ooops! Needless to say I've been running around buying shower gifts and completely errands for the bridal shower.

Anyway onto more pressing issues! If you are a frequent visitor of Celebrity Baby Blog maybe you have noticed all of the gorgeous, long, flowing sundresses that celebrity mommas to be have been sporting. I love them! Angelina Jolie and Gwen Stefani's dresses happen to be my favorites! I've been looking all over for something similar (much more affordable) for the bridal shower this weekend and my sister in law's Sweet 16 next weekend. Unfortunately my search has left me frazzled and tired of trying on moo moos made by Omar the Tent Maker! I've looked online at Motherhood and Mimi maternity but haven't seen anything I love. I also refuse to go on Pea in the Pod because I'm sure I'll fall in love with a $500 something or other on that site and that is way out of my price range. Right now I'm thinking my limit is about $100 but may increase slightly if I become super desperate. Being that this will probably be the most expensive item in my maternity wardrobe (can't seem to part with the major bucks when I'll only be preggers for a few more weeks) I'm also hoping for something not super dressy so I can wear it again. At this point I've all but given up hope for the shower and I do have a couple of so so dresses to choose from but I'ld really like something new for next weekend. If you know of anywhere that may have something that I'm looking for I'ld REALLY, REALLY, REALLY appreciate your help!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I won't be any help in the dress area I'm afraid...I really dislike wearing dresses. :) I just don't find them comfy...so I'm always in dress pants when we have to dress up for something! I wish you all the best in finding a great new dress to wear though!! Let us know if you find one! :)

Dana said...

did you check old navy.. I know they had some cute ones in their maternity section... I think - I'm not really over in that area, but i think that's what I saw!!