Friday, June 27, 2008

Just have to share!



About a week or two ago I had posted that I was in LOVE with the Emily Storksak in Pewter. Apparently I'm not the only one 'cause it is on backorder EVERYWHERE! At one point I even tried bidding on it on Ebay but never won an auction. NO big 'cause it led me to discover even more.
I decided to see which baby boutiques in NJ carried Storksaks and surprisingly there was only one listed. It was Bellies and Booties in Lawrenceville, NJ. This happens to be about 45 minutes - 1 hour away from where I live. Most sane people would have called first to check on the bag but not me! I decided to take Madison on a road trip yesterday and check out this little shop. I am sooooooooooo HAPPY that I did.
The drive was on open roads and not at all like the summertime chaos that we are used to locally. Plus 45 minutes in our car is nothing to my little traveler. After all she made it to Colorado with a smile on her face when we trekked across the country much like the Griswalds! From the moment I stepped in the boutiques I knew I was going to have some fun in there. I didn't know where to look first. There were tons of baby bags, infant and toddler clothes, some of the most adorable maternity clothes that I've ever seen and sooooooo much more! I only wish I had discovered Bellies and Booties a few weeks ago when I was searching for a dress! The three women working there couldn't have been sweeter. Stephanie the shop owner was super helpful as well as her mom and friend. Plus they had a little play area that kept Madison occupied for more than an hour while I was in there. Unfortunately they didn't have the bag that I originally went for so I did end up with a different one just in case Stella makes her debut early but I will more than likely pick up the Storksak too when it comes in. Needless to say the bag was not all that I left with. I discovered some new MUST HAVE including my Bebe Au Lait (Hooter Hider) in Chocolat. Check back over the next few days 'cause I'll be blogging all about them!
For those of you within driving distance I really do recommend taking a trip to Bellies and Booties. Luckily for those of you who are not they have a website! Just link on any of my links throughout this blog to get there. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mommy Mechanics said...

very cute stuff! I really like the unisexsak.

Danielle said...

yay! Glad you had some good luck. Did you every hear from sleepywrap. If not let me know what size you want.