Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

Hi everyone! In honor of my sweet tooth I've decided to share my super easy, super yummy recipe for crumb cake this week. A friend of mine gave it to me a couple of years ago so I'm not sure of its origin prior to that but it is a huge hit at holiday brunches and bake sales (I would make it more often but it like lots of my fav. recipes is not the healthiest). Enjoy!

Crumb Cake

Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix (cinnamon swirl works great too)
all of the ingredients that are called for on the cake mix recipe
3 cups flour
3 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla
3 sticks butter, melted

Mix the butter, flour, cinnamon and vanilla together. This will be the crumb mix. Refrigerate. Make the cake mix according to the recipe on the box. Pour into a greased 13x9 in pan. Bake for approx 34 minutes at temp. stated on mix box. Remove from oven and take crumb mix out of the fridge. Scrape into little pieces with a fork and sprinkle all over the mostly baked cake. Press crumbs down slightly so they stick to the cake. Continue baking 10 - 15 minutes longer until a toothpick or knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cake cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into single servings sized pieces.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious and I LOVE to bake!! Thanks for commenting on my blog...you really do have an awesome job/child care situation!! I know you're so thankful!

Dana said...

Stop!!!! i love desserts too much - and this looks good! i love to bake too!

Andrea said...

I have a sweet tooth for sure, so this sounds great! ;)

Mommy Mechanics said...

Oooooo! I LOVE crumb cake. Probably my favorite!