Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Need to Vent

I know I've mentioned it before but Justin, Madison and I are in a wedding this September. The bridesmaids dresses have been ordered and the flower girls dresses have been chosen. The two flower girls (including Madison) need to be measured so their dresses can be ordered too. The shop we are working with is literally 10 minutes from my house. With my crazy schedule I thought it would be easiest to just stop in and get Madison measured whenever the bride was ready for me to do so. The mom of the other flower girl refuses to go alone so now the bride is making the hour and a half trip down to meet all of us on Saturday just to watch the girls get measured. The part that bothers me is that I was told when to go instead of being asked what time(s) work(s) for me. The time chosen was 1:30 which is right in the middle of Madison's nap time. She is 3 and on occasion I've bent the rules but we ALL suffer later on for skipping her nap. I very nicely asked the bride if we could change the time if at all possible for either before 1:00 or after 3:00. I'm still waiting for a response. Was it rude of me to do this? I'm not one to typically speak up and usually go with the flow but I feel like every part of this wedding has become a complete ordeal and I just don't want to deal with it.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I think you had a right to ask that! it is hard for people without little ones to understand the power of a good nap!

Danielle said...

I think you def. had the right to ask. You should be able to go whenever it is easy for you! These people are whacko!!!! I would just say sorry- we will be there before or after nap time.

Dana said...

you 100% have a right to ask!! Speak up!!