Friday, October 3, 2008

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!


I was planning on posting about children's sleep habits and how I think I've seriously messed up my first born w/ co-sleeping and all that good stuff. Lucky for me Danielle over at New Mommy Rant is having the same trouble with little E. and did just about the same post. This leaves me free to rant about my latest gripe. I've always made Madison's Halloween costumes myself but Between Stella and just going back to work I really wasn't up to it. She fell in LOVE with an adorable witch costume at Children's Place. I was really reasonably priced so I broke down and bought it. The costume fits perfectly unfortunately the hat is Waaaaaaaay to small. I'm not talking a little snug hear, I mean small to the point that it pops off Madison's melon every time I put it on.

No big deal I thought, I'll just email the company and let them know the situation. I'm sure they will help after all had the hat and costume been sold separately I'd be happy to return the hat and buy a larger size. This not being the case I'm sure they'll be willing to help out. NOPE! I got an email back from them basically saying "Sorry your stuck because the two pieces are sold together. We'll let the manufacturer know." They are sol together? Really? I hadn't noticed. Wait a minute I did notice and even included that statement in my email when I asked for help because I could not return just the hat! The company also recommended that I return the whole costume and buy a larger size. Great! Then I'd have a perfectly fitting hat and a huge costume. Needless to say I'm not at all happy with The Children's Place right now and I will not be doing any more shopping there unless they make good on this situation. How do I explain to a 3 year old that she can't wear her witch's hat (that she loves) for Halloween 'cause her melon is too big?

4 comments:

Lori said...

that really stinks! it is so not good customer service

Danielle said...

That stinks. But I did laugh about the big melon. You didn't mess up Madison with co-sleeping. She just needed it and Stella might not. Eliza was fine in her crib until 5 months.

Dana said...

ok... is there anyway you can pull a switcheroo!! is the hat attached to the costume or can you somehow by both then return the larger costume with the smaller hat?? screw them and try and do wjat you can!!

Amy said...

oh man, that's totally lame! what if you attach an elastic strap to the hat (so it goes behind her ears/under her chin)? that way it won't pop off. just a thought...