I love, love, love this recipe! If it were a little healthier I would probably make it once a week!
Blue Cheese Pasta (it makes a creamy red sauce and does not look scary at all to most picky eaters)
3 tbl. olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped (more if you like to kick things up)
1 15 oz. can peeled tomatoes
1 15 oz. crushed tomatoes
1 tbl. basil (or more especially if you use fresh)
1 stick butter, softened
6-8 oz. gorgonzola or blue cheese ( I usually use 8 oz. of blue because we like the sauce creamier and more pungent)
1 lb. pasta (I use penne or rigatoni)
1. Saute onion & garlic in oil about 8 minutes.
2. Stir in tomatoes and basil. Simmer 20 minutes
3. Mix butter and cheese in bowl. Add gradually to tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile boil pasta according to directions on the box
5. Pour sauce over pasta and stir.
***If you have a family that requires some sort of meat in their dinner shrimp or chicken taste great added to this dish****