Monday, August 11, 2008

What's Going On?


I don't know what it was like where you live but this weekend's weather was awesome on the Jersey shore! I actually got to spend some time outside with the fam. because it was neither too hot or too humid to have Stella out with us! Saturday we spent the later half of the afternoon at Justin's grandparent's house. It is one of our favorite places to be not only because Mom Mom and Pop Pop are two amazing people who we love dearly but also because they have a killer home! It is at the end of a lagoon so we get to smell the salt air and watch boats cruise by and they also have an awesome pool that Madison spends tons of time in. While we were there the idea of riding a tricycle really clicked with Madison. The tiny, pink Schwinn that she got last Christmas has now become her new favorite toy. This really shows how much she has grown because at Christmas her legs couldn't reach the pedals. Every time she would get on the bike she would get really frustrated because she wasn't able to make it move by herself. Now she is a cruising maniac that only has one speed!. FAST! I know the pic I posted has her not wearing a helmet but before I get any responses to that affect, she does have one and she does wear it along with her other safety gear. She was just posing for this pic so I didn't make her put it on!

As for Sunday, we got up and actually out of the house by 8:00 and headed to the beach. There was a cool breeze so Stella actually spent the morning bundled in a blanket to stay warm. Madison could care less about the temp. She was all about using her boogie board, crushing Daddy's sand castles and catching sand crabs. The afternoon was filled with thunder storms so we just hung at a friend's house and had a great time!

Unfortunately my digital camera decided to crap out so know I'm stuck using my 35mm. It is a very high end 35mm but still a hassle buying film, getting it developed . . . I'm so pissed 'cause this was my second Canon digital in 1 1/2 years. Both cameras worked great at first and out of the blue started giving me this weird E18 error message. After researching online I found out this is a common problem. Needless to say Canon will be hearing from me. We'll see what their response is. Hopefully it is a positive one 'cause I've been looking at the Canon Rebels but there is NO WAY I'm going to drop that kind of money with the chance of the camera just deciding not to work like the one I have now. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Oh well Stella just woke up and after caring for her I'm off to clean Madison's room. Wish me luck 'cause I'm gonna need it in that disaster area!

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a copy of "Divine Color When Color Sings" by Gretchen Schauffler. Contest ends Wednesday, August 13th.

3 comments:

Lori said...

how cute is she on that trike! glad you had a good weekend

Danielle said...

cute tricycle! Glad you were able to get to the beach!

Dana said...

saturday was beautiful... i wish it didsn't rain on sunday, but i made for a relaxing day!!