We love to grill! Even if there is a foot of snow outside it doesn't stop us from going out back and grilling up something yummy for dinner. This time of year almost every meal is made on the grill including cakes! Here is a delicious recipe that I got from my Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Grilling cookbook. If you enjoy cooking but don't have a lot of time you'll love her books 'cause everything looks like you spent all day in the kitchen but doesn't take a fraction of the time.
New Mexico Catfish with Bean Salsa
1 1/4 lbs. catfish fillets 1 tsp. lime juice
2 tbsp. Southwest marinade mix, McCormick Grill Mates 1 can (15 oz.) low sodium black beans
1 can (11 oz.) sweet and zest corn, drained, Green Giant 2 tsp. lime juice
1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes w/lime juice and cilantro 1/2 tsp salt
drained, Ro-Tel Lime slices (optional)
1. Heat grill to medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
2. Place fillets on large plate. Sprinkle w/ 1 tsp lime juice. Pat Southwest marinade mix on both sides of fish. Cover w/plastic wrap; cure in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl; combine black beans, mexicorn, and tomatoes. Add the 2 teaspoons lime juice and salt; set aside.
4. Place fillets on hot, oiled grill. Cook 4-6 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fish from grill.
5. Garnish catfish fillets with lime slices and sprinkle with paprika (optional). Serve hot on salsa.
P.S. Keep coming back 'cause there are some GREAT GIVEAWAYS that I'll be doing soon! All are so exciting but there is one in particular that you nursing mommies are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I can't say anymore yet but it is killing me to keep this secret!