Monday, July 7, 2008

Preferences

With only 22 days left until our new addition arrives it seems like much of my time is spent preparing for the big day. One of the preparations includes purchasing a breast pump. I having every intention of nursing but if for some reason it doesn't work in the traditional way I want to be prepared by having a pump ready to go in my home. I've heard positive reviews about the Ameda Purely Yours breast pump and the Medela Pump In Style. So far the two differences I've seen about the two is that the Medela is readily available at my local Babies 'R Us and Target along with any needed accessories but the Ameda is about $80.00 cheaper and has free shipping! In most other ways they seem very similar so any comments that anyone has about either or both would be greatly appreciated.

I know renting a hospital grade pump is also an option but I'm leaning towards purchasing one of the two. Thanks for your help!

7 comments:

Dana said...

22 days.. wow!! You must be very excited!!

Tracy said...

FYI. One of my friends just sent me an email that the Ameda is the only breast pump that is FDA approved to be sterilized and that Ameda was just bought by a large corporation. The buy out means that it will be in major stores by next year and cost more money.

Danielle said...

22 days! whoa. I had thr Medala and it was ok. I had a love hate relationship with my pump! mostly hate.

Andrea said...

I have a medela pump...and I actually have never used it much, but it worked alright when I did use it. :) And only 22 days!! I'm SOOO excited for you!

Mommy Mechanics said...

I did the hospital pump and now if I ever need to pump a little I just use a little hand held pump and its not too bad. Just depends how often you may need one. Yay 22 days!

Stephanie said...

Just my opinion because I ended up having to pump a lot because I went back to work after 8 weeks. The convenience of pumping was wonderful because we didn't have to worry at all about feeding time I just pumped before we left and again when I got home. I had the Medela and it worked great for me. I have no experience with the other so I can't give you any feedback with that one. I also used a portable Avent pump that was great to and a lot smaller. Whatever choice you make will be fine I am sure they are both great products.

Unknown said...

You must be very excited! I think so, I just bought one about a week ago, and I really like how it works. It doesn't hurt to use, and I found it at: www.trusted-breast-pumps.com and my best wishes will always with you.