Thursday, November 13, 2008

'Tis The Season For The Flu

Around this time of the year the flu starts getting talked about quite a bit. Whether it is flu shots or outbreaks you are bound to hear about the flu. Here in New Jersey all children who are in some type of school setting public, private or day care are now required by law to receive a yearly flu vaccination. This is to keep school outbreaks down to a minimum. Madison has already received her shot and Justin and I are about to. Justin and I have never gotten them before but Stella is too young to get one so we are doing it to decrease her chances.
Google has also jumped on the flu bandwagon with their new flu tracker. According to Google they are able to track a flu outbreak two weeks earlier than any other method because they have found that "certain search terms are good indicators of flu activity". It is pretty cool just go to their flu tracker site, click on your state and see if the flu activity is minimal, low, moderate, high or intense. Right now NJ has low activity but several states are showing moderate activity which I'm sure is just a sign of things to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No flu shot for me! I've never gotten one and just roll with the punches...I see others all around me getting them and still getting sick!

Dana said...

good luck.... i just got mine last week an got the flu from it!!(it was my 1st time getting one ever) and they say if it's your 1st time ever getting the flu shot you are more likely to experience symptoms.....

Danielle said...

taht is pretty cool