Sunday, April 5, 2009

He Got Me!

For the first time in over eleven years Justin got me. He actually pulled off a surprise birthday party for me last night! I honestly did not want a party this year and was hoping to let the BIG 29+1 come in under the radar but my friends and family simply would not have it.
Yesterday morning I awoke to Justin scurrying around the house at 5:00 am. All day I thought for sure a party was coming the next day. I was actually pretty salty about it all day 'cause like I said I did not want a party. Later in the afternoon he surprised me with Wicked tickets for today for my mom and I so I immediately got out of my funk and thought I was in the clear.
We were getting ready to go to dinner when all of the sudden our friends Jeff and Stephanie walked in. It totally didn't register. The first thing I thought was cool I didn't know they were going to dinner with us! Then Stephanie replied "Um, Surprise?". SHOCKED!
The party turned out to be awesome and I was so happy to get to hang out with my friends that I don't see very often.

So now to answer the question that I know is on every one's minds....How does a 30 year old fresh off a body detox/cleanse start off her big day?

Soda, Sub Sandwich and Excedrin Chaser......Oh yeah I'm so healthy!

4 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

Hi, I found your site looking up babywearing. I am pregnant and expecting our first child and have decided I am going to go this route. I just wrote a blog about it and would love ANY advice from an experienced mama.

thank you.

Lori said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it turned out well

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday! It was great seeing you.

Amy said...

how sweet of him! that's awesome! enjoy Wicked (my favorite play ever!) happy birthday!