I just came across this meme over at Adventures in Babywearing. It has been such a long time since I've done one of these and this one looked like fun so I've decided to play long.
It's about our children's names.
1. Do you have any cultural or religious naming traditions?
Nope no traditions. I like the boys to have at least a middle name of an older male in our family but Justin thinks they should have their own names. Good thing we haven't had any boys.
2. Did you or your partner come to the marriage with pre-selected names?
Again with the no. We both had names we have always liked but I don't think we've used any of them.
3. Did you consider the sound of the first and middle and last names together? Did this make any sad eliminations?
Yes. I loved the name Hannah (before Montana was popular) and Hailey but that would be way to many H's with our last name.
4. Did you have veto powers?
Oh yeah and they were used quite often. I mean really who names a kid Mako? Yes after the shark.
5. Did the baby naming cause arguments?
Not really but when Stella was born I think Justin realized I was not giving in on the name and just gave in. Now he admits that he didn't like it at first but loves it now and couldn't imagine her with any other name.
6. Do you think it is easier to name boys or girls?
For us we always had more boys names but never a boy to give one to. Isn't that always the way?
7. Did you eliminate names because of people from your past or present who you don’t like or because a certain image comes to mind.
Being a teacher has eliminated many names over the years. I loved the name Ayden until I head a student by that name who was quite the handful!
8. Did you / would you survey your children to get their thoughts on the name?
Unfortunately yes. Madison was origianlly going to be named Shaelynn but so many people turned up their noses that we caved and named her Madison. If I'm ever brave enough to have a third and it is a girl the name will be back on the table and I won;t be telling anyone until the baby is born!
9. Did you tell people the name or possible names before the baby was born or were they “in the vault”?
Again unfortunately yes. Several people couldn't beleive we would name a baby Stella. After all why would you want people to shout out S-T-E-L-L-A? If there is a third the name will remain in the vault!
10. Did you use baby name books?
Oh yeah. Each time the pee stick came out positive out came the baby name books!
Drumroll Please…What did you name your kids?
Stella Mackenzie (btw my grandmother's name was Antonia Estella (Stella for short) so she is kind of named after her but I really happened to like the name too)
I tag anyone who feels like playing along! Just let me know so I can read your post!