Monday, March 16, 2009

A Healthier Lifestyle

With less than 3 weeks to the BIG 3-0 I've been super focused on living a healthier life. Eating healthier, drinking more water, exercising more. You know the things that often get put on the back burner with a crazy, busy lifestyle. So far I've dropped some weight although I have a ways to go but more importantly feel soooooooo muxh better. I'm not always tired, I get more done around the house and I also feel like my energy boost has helped me to be more patient with certain little people in the house.

What does my healthier life include:
  • Making sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
  • cutting out "white carbs" and most processed foods
  • Running a minimum of 20 minutes a day/ 5 days a week
  • light weights
  • lowering salt intake

I'm sure I've done other things that I can't think of at the moment so I'll just add them as I think them up.

So far I'm very happy with the results but I feel like I could do more. I've been researching all different types of body detox/cleansing programs and I've got to tell you that this has been HARD. There are so many! There are several I'm really interested in over others but I thought I'd ask anyone if they have ever done any type of cleanse? If so how long? Which cleanse? What were the results?

I'm also looking into changing up my exercise routine because I think I would see better results if I mixed things up. I've decided to hold off on rejoining the gym right now 'cause it is just way to hard to get out on a regular basis with the kiddos. ANy recommendations on at home programs in this area would be a great help too!

I'll keep you posted if anything seems to really work or if there is something that totally bombs! Thanks for your help!

2 comments:

Amy said...

http://www.isagenixweightloss.net/

sal did this last summer and lost 30 lbs! it really worked for him. my friend kerry turned us onto it, she and her fiance have done it a few times with great results. and i say "a few times" because you're not supposed to do it continuously.

that's my suggestion :-)

Dana said...

i need to do the same thing!!!1